The e-Hospital provides support to various hospital operations which are spread across clinical and non-clinical services that are required to be run round the clock throughout the year. It takes care of the existing system’s data flow and procedures completely and generates all reports of the manual system besides a host of other management reports. Some modules of eHospital s/w are implemented: Fever Hospital, Hyderabad, Gandhi Hospital, Hyderabad, Institute of Preventive Medicine, Hyderabad, King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam, Govt Hospital, Srikakulam.
How does it work
Online Registration System (ORS) is being implemented in hospitals where counter based Out Patient Department (OPD) registration and appointment system through Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been digitized.
The portal facilitates online appointments with different departments of different hospitals:
- Using e-Know Your Customer (eKYC) data of Aadhaar number, if patient’s mobile number is registered with Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Uses the patient’S name if the mobile number is not registered with UIDAI.
- New Patient will get an appointment as well as Unique Health Identification (UHID) number. If Aadhaar number is already linked with UHID number, then appointment number will be given and UHID will remain same.
- Simple appointment process – For your first visit to hospital, registration, and appointment with the doctor is made simpler. All you have to do is verify yourself using Aadhaar Number, Select Hospital and Department, Select Date of Appointment and receive SMS for Appointment.
- Dashboard Reports – Total number of Hospitals for which appointment can be taken through the web along with their departments for which online appointment can be taken can be seen in reports. A detailed report showing information about new and old patients with appointment through this portal can be seen.
- Hospital On Boarding – Hospitals can come on board this platform and provide their appointment slots for online booking by patients. The system provides the hospital with the facility to manage and monitor its registration and appointment system.
Requirements for getting online appointment
- New patient requires aadhaar number with a registered mobile number. The system will get personal details of the patient using eKYC data from UIDAI.
- If the patient has Aadhaar number but the mobile number is not registered with it, then the name of the patient appearing in the Aadhar card should be known. After verification, the patient needs to enter other personal details.
- If the patient does not have the base number then there is a need to enter the personal mobile number, name, father’s name, mother name etc.
Process to take appointment for a new patient
- Visit the portal http://ors.gov.in/copp/appointment.jsp
- If you have Aadhaar number of the patient and patient’s mobile number is registered with UIDAI, than One Time PIN (OTP) will be sent by UIDAI through SMS and Aadhaar For the purpose of taking the OPD appointment, the holder will be required to agree to share his KYC data with the hospital in UIDAI.
- In case patient’s mobile number is not registered with UIDAI then patient’s name as in Aadhaar needs to be given and after doing demographic authentication with UIDAI, The patient will be requested to give the mobile number and other details such as address, age etc.
- In case, the user is not having aadhaar number, he can do online appointment but would have to collect OPD card from the hospital after providing the identity of the patient.
- The user can select the Department in a Government hospital where the patient needs to visit for a check-up.
- Thereafter, the user will be sent a confirmation through SMS giving details of OPD appointment.
Simple steps to get your appointment fixed online!
- Verify yourself using Aadhaar Number
- Choose Hospital / Department
- Select date of appointment
- Get confirmation SMS
Credit- Vikas Pedi a